Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Feel of Fall

I love living in a state where the seasons change. Not being a huge fan of cold, I enjoy the Colorado summer heat (it only lasts a few months out of the year!) and try and soak in as much as possible during this short time, hoping it will get me through the long and cold months which are soon to blow in.

However, this year I've decided to embrace the cold and welcome the change. Instead of being so focused on WHERE I'm going while driving down the road, I've made a conscious effort to watch the leaves change around me. Instead of being bitter that I can no longer go outside in tank tops, I've chosen to embrace the sweaters and boots. After the busyness of summer dies down, a warm cup of coffee, a fuzzy blanket, and amazing friends will follow. And you know what will follow THAT?????

Thanksgiving. Then Christmas. The BEST time of the year. OOOOO I love the holidays!

So I guess the cold isn't half bad. I'll just put on a sweater, go for a walk, and enjoy the feeling of the cool air caressing my cheeks.

3 comments:

Carly Barron said...

I totally agree! I recently realized my cold-weather wardrobe is better than my spring/summer! And... peppermint white mochas... coming soon (aka whenever it drops to 55)!

jacquesweet said...

uhhhhhh.... no. No PWM until the CHRISTMAS season...

Makeda said...

I just found your blog. Christmas is my favorite time of the year too and for me is the only thing that redeems winter. Too bad it comes so late in the year.