Monday, October 6, 2008

NOT 'Just Another Conference'

One of the most intense weekends of my life just passed. Being the second time at the Joyce Meyer Women’s Conference, I should have been prepared for a few days of intense worship, amazing teaching, early mornings, late nights, crazy booktable… but as much as I MENTALLY prepare for something, my body just doesn’t adjust sometimes.


On Saturday morning, however, my heart was enlarged, and my life was changed. Watching Lisa get up and speak to 17,000 women (in the Rams football stadium!), observing the look in their eyes, watched their faces show the heart change they were experiencing… I suddenly remembered why I do what I do. So often, I take for granted the amazing opportunity and privilege I have to serve such an amazing ministry. Watching the tear-stained faces of all those women, gathered together, did something miraculous in MY heart. I felt it enlarge. I no longer am content living life as I have. I want to do more – be more efficient. Be more effective. Live and love more than I am even now or thought possible.


God is so amazing – even when we least expect it, He will come and change our outlook on life in an instant. He can do more in a split second than we can do in years and years on our own. So thank you – to everyone who lays down their life every day for Him. You don’t have to be in full time ministry… you can be a stay at home mom. Or a businessman. Or someone in the secular workplace. But today my prayer for you is your heart would also be enlarged for the people in YOUR sphere of influence.


In closing, here are some of the pic highlights from the weekend:


BEFORE:

AFTER:

Phil Wickam! His table was right across from us:

This is what lack of sleep will do to ya...

Darlene Zschech's worship is nothing that can be put into words.

Lisa speaking... I can't tell you how powerful this moment was.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could have gone!! I know it was amazing! Joyce's conferences always are! I have yet to go to her Women's conference though!

Archie said...

What ministry were you with at the conference? I'm the community director at JMM, I'm sorry I didn't run into you! Glad you had a good time there, I can totally relate with being burned out! Just wanted to say thanks for joining us this year! Also if you're interested I've posted the highlights videos from the conference at www.youtube.com/joycemeyerministries and we have some pics posted on our Facebook fan page.
I think you're totally right that you don't have to be in full time ministry to make a difference, in fact, you probably already are!