Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mourning Christmas

People mourn changing of seasons all the time. When a son or daughter leaves for college, much sadness is spent because of their departure. I know more than one tear has been shed the first day of school, marking the end of Summer and the beginning of yet another year of education.

These are many of the reasons which I feel rationalized in the current mourning I am undertaking for the end of yet another Holiday season. I had an amazing Christmas this year, and as you can see from previous posts, I am somewhat of a fanatic! However, why is it that every day in January feels like a Monday, slowly strolling through the bitter cold of each day? And that brings me to another point: why is it that snow during the Holidays feels so.... MAGICAL.... but when January hits, it's a bitter blast of ice cutting to your core?

Call me cynical, but I'm just not a fan. Going through the Charlotte airport yesterdat, I almost tackled the salesman who was blasting 'It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year' from his stereo speakers and scream 'It's NOT the most wonderful time of the year!!!!!!!!! It's JANUARY!!!!!!!!!!!' and let me tell you what... I did share a few of my thoughts with those around me, as the disdain was somewhat overwhelming.

I just can't help but wonder, perhaps after the fun of the Holidays, January is a month to test our contentment, whatever the circumstances. Paul found this secret, and perhaps this month I will discover it as well!

3 comments:

Tash said...

I wish loved christmas that much.
I think you definately should have tackled that salesman.
Purely for the comedy factor if nothing else.

Tash said...

p.s Tag, you're it.

(read my latest post to find out your mission!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacquesweet!

January is a real test for our house. I am determined to light up my front windows with Christmas lights and my Chanukah menorah lights till the end of January.
Fortuunately Janusray 2009 is my new beginning of "making eye contact with God" in the Secret Place. I'm going from mourning Christmas to the morning of a New Year!
Want to know how? Stop by my blogsite and click my post-- January archive: "How's your eye contact?"
This post is dedicated to author Terri Gillespie and her fabulous new book that every woman needs to read!
Blessings,
Shirah http://www.shmoozenwithshirah.blogspot.com